Best Light For Coyote Hunting
Coyote hunting at night is a blast. Not only are coyotes more active at night, they seem more likely to respond to any coyote call as well. Picking the best light for coyote hunting can be a little tricky though. Do you go with red, green or white? How much battery power do you need? Does the light mount to your scope? We go over all these questions below and review the top 5 best lights for coyote hunting.
Best Coyote Hunting Light Reviews
Wicked Hunting Lights are one of the best coyote hunting light companies and the A75iC is one of their best lights for coyote hunting. The A75iC 4-Color-in-1 kit is designed for coyote hunters. It has four different LED colors that you can choose from. These colors are red, white, green, and the 850nm infrared.
It uses a battery to function. It also comes with a charger to charge it in case it runs out of power. In order to change the color of light, all you need to do is change the selector knob and there is no need to re-zero after you change the color.
Another great thing about the A75iC 4-Color-in-1 kit is that it weighs a little over one pound, which won’t add much weight to your rifle.
- It is lightweight
- It comes with the four different color of lights you need, and you can change colors simply by rotating a switch.
- Red. White. Green. Infrared
- The beam width can be adjusted to suit your needs.
- With a simple twist you can change the beam of light to flood or spot and everywhere in between.
- The level of brightness can also be controlled.
- This allows you to change your level of brightness, so you spook less coyotes.
- It can shoot light a long distance.
- The light beam reaches up to 450 yards.
- You can easily mount it on your rifle.
- Comes with a quick detach adjustable mount on a picatinny mount system.
- It comes with rechargeable batteries.
- Batteries last up to 5 hours of continuous use.
- The product has a storage case to keep it safe.
- The lifetime warranty is limited.
- LED system has a 3-year warranty and most the other hardware comes with a 1-year warranty.
The Lumenshooter A10 is a great budget coyote hunting light. It comes with a price that doesn’t break the bank, but it is still a great product. It comes with the industry-standard red, green and white LED’s. The green LED shines an impressive 700 yards with the red and white LED shining around 300 yards. If this is your first venture into hunting coyotes with lights and you don’t want to spend a lot, this is the hunting light for you.
- It provides different colors of led lights and IR.
- Red. White. Green. Infrared.
- It has an adjustable zoom focus.
- Changes from a flood light to a beam with a twist.
- Green LED light has a range of 700 yards.
- It has the infrared light.
- Infrared cannot be seen by the human eye. Must be used with a night vision device.
- It can be easily mounted on your scope.
- Can be mounted on a 1 inch to 30mm tube and comes with a picatinny rail system.
- It does not have a dimmable remote switch.
- To change light colors, you have to change lenes which takes a little time.
The Odepro KL52Plus is another great light for coyote hunting for entry-level night coyote hunters. It has a midrange price compared to most coyote hunting lights but doesn’t sacrifice quality to achieve it. It comes with the standard 3 LED light colors and Infrared, rechargeable batteries and a hands free on off switch.
- It is waterproof
- It has four different LED lights.
- Red. Green. White. Infrared
- It has a zoomable focus.
- You can change to flood or spotlight.
- The device can last for more than three hours.
- Batteries will last three hours of continuous use allowing you to hunt longer.
- It can shine up to a distance of 343 yards
- Hand free on off switch.
- Allows you to keep your hands on your rifle the whole time.
- The device is made with aluminum.
- Light yet durable. This light won’t add much weight to your rifle.
- It is shock-resistant
- It has a short run time.
Here is another great option from Wicked Hunting Lights. The difference between the W403IC and the A75iC that we reviewed above is that in order to change the color of LED, you have to change the lenses. This may not be a big deal to some people. I am of the opinion that if you are going to buy a light for coyote hunting from Wicked Hunting Lights, you might as well go with their best light for coyote hunting and get the A75iC.
- It has an adjustable zoom focus. It especially helps me to find my prey easily.
- It has a three-year warranty.
- The LED is waterproof and can last up to 50,000 hours.
- It is durable.
- It does not come with a trigger attachment.
- The batteries may be difficult to find in your local stores.
Like the previously discussed best light for coyote hunting, this product also comes with four different lights. Each of these lights comes with a specified measurable distance that they can cover.
For instance, the green LED light can cover up to 350 yards, while the white LED light can cover up to 450 yards.
It runs on batteries, and these batteries are replaceable. You can also charge them when they get low.
- It has a remote with an off and on switch.
- The batteries of this hunting light will give you about three to four hours of usage.
- It has both a home charger and a car charger, which makes it suitable to be charged anywhere.
- It is waterproof.
- It comes with a user manual.
- It is affordable.
- It does not charge at a fast rate.
- It does not tell you how to place the batteries correctly. You just have to keep flipping it till you get it right.
- The buttons used to activate the lights are loud and can alarm the coyotes.
How To Choose The Best Light For Coyote Hunting
There are a lot of hunting lights on the market these days so it might not be so easy to pick one. Here are a few things you need to think about when you are picking the best light for coyote hunting.
· How Bright the Light Is?
You need a light that is bright enough for you to see and locate the coyote. However, you do not want to scare away the coyote. So, the best light for coyote hunting is one that can do both. Make sure you choose a light that allows you to control the brightness of it.
· Battery Life
Most hunting lights have rechargeable batteries and last anywhere from 3 to 5 hours of continuous use. That should be plenty of time during a night hunt unless you keep it on constantly. If that isn’t going to be long enough, make sure to purchase spare batteries and keep them charged.
The size of your hunting lights is another essential factor for you to look out for. A suitable size for hunting is one that is not too heavy to carry along. It should be portable to allow for easy usage during hunting.
The focus of your hunting light should be adjustable. It should also be long and sharp. This will help you to not lose the coyote as it’s running through the brush. A light with a long focus can also help you to track the coyotes from a long-distance away.
Most hunting lights come in different colors. These colors are red, green, or white. These colors can all be used, although some have advantages over others. Coyotes can detect some light colors more than others.
Some colors are also harsh on the eyes. There are also light filters that help you convert the lights to different colors without getting different colored-hunting lights. When you are picking the best light for coyote hunting, make sure you pick one with all three colors.
When talking about the hunting light’s quality, you should consider what material it is made from. If you are going to be out hunting coyotes in the cold winter, you want the hunting light to be able to withstand the elements.
These are all things you need to consider when picking out the best light for coyote hunting.
Coyote Hunting Lights FAQs
What Do The Different Color Coyote Hunting Lights Do?
The LED lights come in different colors. They can be used for different purposes. Some of the functions are specific to each light. However, finding what light works best for you is essential. Here are the lights and some of their functions.
- White Light
White light is best when you are considering human eyes. However, it helps you to identify your prey even from a farther distance. The white light may temporarily affect your ability to see properly at night, though.
- Red Light
Red lights are best suited to hunt Coyotes. One great feature about red lights is that they have less probability of making your eyes ache. The red color is a calm one. It does not affect the coyotes in the ways that other colors do.
- Green Light
A green light is also a great light to use for your coyote hunting expedition. The green light enables you to see coyotes who are dark-colored better.
Aside from seeing dark-colored coyotes, the green light generally helps you to see dark objects better, even when they are farther from you. Note that the green light affects some people’s eyes. It may give you some fatigue in the eyes.
Why Do I Need A Coyote Hunting Light?
In order to hunt coyotes or any other animal at night, you will need some sort of night hunting equipment. Currently, there are 3 choices on the market. You can opt for a night vision scope, a thermal scope, or hunting lights. Hunting lights are the least expensive of the three options and that is why most people choose to use them.
Can You Hunt Coyotes at Night?
Check your state’s guidelines on hunting at night. Different states have different laws. Know before you go.
The Best Light For Coyote Hunting Will Come With 3 Different Colors, Which Is Best?
This is a bit of a personal decision. Humans can see best with white light, but it is also more likely to spook any animals. Most people say red causes less strain on their eyes but green usually shines farther.
Best Light For Coyote Hunting Wrap-up
So, which of these gets crowned as the winner? The Wicked Lights A75iC 4-Color-in-1 Night Hunting Light Kit takes the crown.
From the features listed, it suits all your hunting needs. It is light and easy to carry around. It has four different colors of lights to choose from.
It is easy to mount. It also comes with an adjustable focus, which helps you view objects and animals both in long-distance and short distances. Wicked Hunting Lights are the premier hunting light company out there so it makes sense that they would make the best light for coyote hunting.